Monday, February 11, 2013

I Just Ride


I used to believe in the country America.
The person I want to become,
I believe in.
The freedom of the open road, 
I believe in. 
The kindness of strangers, 
I believe in. 
I ride. 
I just ride when I am at war with myself.
You are who?
Your darkest fantasies,
are you in touch with?
Have you experienced them,
where you're free to create a life for yourself.
Have I?
Am I crazy?
Am I free?

http://lanadelreyonline.com/lana-del-rey-ride-monologue/
I believe in the country America used to be. I belive in the person I want to become, I believe in the freedom of the open road. And my motto is the same as ever- I believe in the kindness of strangers. And when I’m at war with myself- I Ride. I Just Ride.
Who are you? Are you in touch with all your darkest fantasies?
Have you created a life for yourself where you’re free to experience them?
I Have.
I Am Fucking Crazy. But I Am Free.


2 comments:

  1. The poem already has a very deep meaning; The way that you rearrange the words puts a different perspective on the original. The way it is arranged also changes how it is read. It is very contemplative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how it has a deep meaning like Adam said. I think it was easier to read then the other just because its more from the point of view of some one our age.

    ReplyDelete