Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blog #3 I ride

I ride
I ride down that old trail
With the only one I trust
Her tail flying in the wind
We start to run faster
We feel the freedom of the wind
We begin to run
Every thing goes by in a blur
Who could ask for much more
But wait...
What's that up ahead
A sharp slippery turn
I yern for her to slow down
I yell for her to slow
She doesn't buy faster yet
The fear of what I know is about to happen bubbles in my chest
I wish she would take a rest
We hit that sharp curve
I feel her feet go out from under
And I hear a crack as we both came down
As she lay the motionless on top of my leg I fell her finally slow down
I dug my way out knowing we were broke
My shoulder hip knee crushed
But she needed to get up too
Her spirit crushed
She slowly gets up
We both lip on home no longer free
But stricken by pain we caused our selfs

2 comments:

  1. The imagery you use is excellent. You make this event in your life seem very devastating, as it truly was. I'm guessing this is about the horse you have that had just went through surgery. Knowing this and knowing how important she is to you added depth to this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Adam, the imagery you used in your poem really helped me visualize what you were going through. Reading this poem made me think that you are very close with your horse and it feels like you are on a journey with her. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete