Sunday, March 3, 2013

Living Newspaper Proposal


For our Living Newspaper project I propose we make our topic Women Movements in the 1950s. There are many types of media that we could incorporate in our presentation that would help us demonstrate the struggles and accomplishments of the women in the past and what they have done for our country today. We could use a movie, older or newer, that has a feminine lead that demonstrates women rights. Also, there are many songs we could include with a central theme. I can imagine many pieces of art that would help us demonstrate the Women Movements, especially artwork that was done in the 1950s. Also, if we choose a woman activist of that time period we could really provide crucial details if we provided a speech she gave during the time. A woman I have in mind for this area of the project is Carol Hanisch. She is known for many important ideas towards the feminist movement of this specific time. This time period is also known as the “second wave” of the feminist movement and we could incorporate this term in our project as well. The reason I chose this topic is because of the emotional attachment I have towards it. As a woman of this time, I believe the actions of women in the past play a key role concerning the women in this country today. What would women be dealing with today if these influential women had never spoken up? Because of the several Women Movements in the past, we have so many rights and privileges as women citizens today in the United States of America. For that very reason I believe this is an eligible topic we could easily use for our Living Newspaper Project. 

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a concept because we haven't really covered Women's Rights. Just from hearing about it throughout high school and up until now, there seems to be a lot to talk about. It'd be easy to discuss all the actions that were taken and large events that happened during this time period.

    ReplyDelete