I think that we should do women's rights in the 1950 because its a time period I don't know much about and I would love to learn more. I also have a grandmother who is turning 100 this year and I could talk to her and her roles at home during this time.
I think your grandmother would be a great resource for this project if this is what your group happens to choose. I would love to see this proposal lengthened out a little bit more. For instance, poke around a little as far as what was happening with women in the 1950s. What specifically might your group be able to pull from? Or how might you think that you'll want to present women's issues? Are there specific sources you would pull from? Certain types of media? Are there pop culture references that you know of? How might you make this issue appeal to the guys not only in the group, but in the entire class?
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of using your grandmother also. It would be a great first person story that would have interesting context. I like the idea of Women's rights because it took them a very long time to get the same equalities as white men had had for many years prior.
ReplyDelete